A Clone Commander is a Clone Trooper who is given the authority to command other Troopers. Some are bred to ebcome leaders, others show skill and are given specialised training, while some have achieved the title through promotion. They can lead squads, battalions and even entire legions. In the Lego Clone Wars line, Clone Commanders are standard Clone Troopers equipped with black ARC Armor (originally grey armour). Notable Clone Commanders include Cody and Gree. Every Jedi serving in the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) was assigned a Clone Commander. They are excellent leaders and tactitions, and are some of the bravest clones serving in the war.
- 7679 Republic Fighter Tank (Gray Armour)
- 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack (Black Armour)
- 8098 Clone Turbo Tank (Black Armour)
- 66341 Star Wars 3 in 1 Superpack (Black Armour)
- In Lego® Star Wars: The Video Game they mislabeled all Clone Commanders as Commander Cody. In reality Commander Cody only applies to the clone commander of the Sky Corps troopers. Also he does not look like he does in the movie.
- The trooper with the generic yellow armor in the canon Star Wars Universe is called Star Corps trooper.
- Notable Clone Commanders (who appeared in Lego®) include Commander Cody and Commander Fox.