| Star Wars Episode V:|
The Empire Strikes Back
George Lucas (story)
20th Century Fox
124 min. (original)
- "This is a dangerous time for you, when you will be tempted by the dark side of the Force."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi[src]
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is the second film and the fifth chapter in the film series by George Lucas. Originally released in 1980, the film has proved to be one of the most popular films of the series among many fans and critics. It was the best selling Star Wars movie to date making the top five most sold in theatre list. It was re-released with changes in 1997. A radio adaptation was broadcast on National Public Radio in the U.S.
The film concerns the continuing struggles of the Rebel Alliance against the Galactic Empire. In it, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Princess Leia Organa are being pursued across space by Darth Vader and his elite forces. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker begins his major Jedi training with Yoda, after an instruction from Obi-Wan Kenobi's spirit. In an emotional confrontation with Vader, Luke is presented with a horrific revelation, and must face his destiny.
- List of sets from Episode V
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi